His highness the Heir Apparent of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani
Date & place of Birth
Born on June 3, 1980 in Doha - Qatar.
GSC, Sherborne School, the United Kingdom, 1997.
Graduated from Sandhurst Royal Military Academy, the United Kingdom, 1998.
His Highness holds the following positions:
- Appointed Heir Apparent on August 5, 2003
- Chairman of the Supreme Council for the Environment and Natural Reserves.
- Chairman of the Supreme Education Council.
- Chairman of the Supreme Council of Information and Communication Technology.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Public Works Authority and the Urban Planning & Development Authority.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Qatar Investment Authority.
- Chairman of the Board of Regents of Qatar University.
- President of Qatar National Olympic Committee.
- Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.
- Deputy Chairman of the Ruling Family Council.
- Vice President of the Supreme Council for Economic Affairs and Investment.
- Deputy Chairman of the High Committee for Coordination and Follow Up.
- Member of the International Olympic Committee.