The General Authority for Youth & Sports is responsible for overseeing establishing and organizing sports infrastructure, clubs, federations and youth-related researches. It also approves incentives and rewards offered to athletes. The Authority is the counterpart of the ministries of youths or supreme councils for youths and sports and similar bodies in other countries.
The Authority consists of a Chairman, a Deputy Chairman, a Secretary General and an Assistant Secretary General. It comprises the following departments:
- Youth and Sports Affairs Department
- Public Relations and Information Department
- Sports Infrastructure and Facilities
- Financial and Administrative Department
- Planning and Follow-up Unit
- External Relations Office
- Leadership Training Office.