The Department of Housing provides the healthy and suitable houses for the citizens in accordance with the law and also in accordance with the modern architectural designs suiting the size of the family. Also, the state implements the different housing projects and the ones especially designed for the senior employees, the low-salary employees, and the houses of the elderly and orphans. To achieve the aspirations of the State of Qatar in ensuring suitable housing for every Qatari family, the housing department undertakes the following functions:
- Conducting the research and studies necessary to design and develop the housing policies in the State.
- Coordinating and cooperating with all government bodies and banks whose activities are connected to those of the department.
- Preparing and developing a comprehensive database on housing.
- Preparing periodic reports on the housing situation in the State.
- Reviewing applications for housing system benefits and taking appropriate action in accordance with the laws and regulations.
- Implementing laws, rulings and regulations related to housing.
- Receiving complaints related to housing systems and working to resolve them in accordance with the law.
- Taking necessary actions for the maintenance, demolition or rebuilding of accommodation units belonging to the department.