The state of Qatar availed great technological potentials for Qatar News Agency to enable it from receiving and transferring news. For this purpose, it uses a network of correspondents to gather news in a large number of countries around the world, uses trained human sources in its main headquarter who take charge of preparing local and global news material and broadcast them at home and abroad as soon as possible via satellites and in many languages.
The daily news bulletin is basically aggregated from a network of reporters in the major Arab and international capitals and delegates inside the country who cover all national and official events.
The agency also has a dedicated service that covers GCC, Arab and international radio and television broadcasts. In addition, QNA has contracted several agreements for news exchange with Arab and foreign news agencies.
The agency transmits its various services in Arabic, English, and Portuguese in addition to its specialized news bulletins, such as economic, cultural and sports bulletins, which have been brought into existence.
QNA provides a comprehensive documentary and press service to the Arab information library in the form of a series of documentary publications covering the most important local, Arab and international events.
This service is considered to be a rich source of information to researchers and government bodies who are interested in documented information. The agency's most important issues comprise the GCC periodicals which annually document the council's achievements, GCC summit conferences, its recommendations and major related events, a documentary book on Camp David peace agreements and a documentary book on the second Gulf War.
QNA provides an excellent photo services in addition to covering daily news, which is an extra addition that makes the agency stand alone in front of the majority of Arab news agencies. The service is transmitted to all GCC countries and other major capitals in the world.
The agency is entrusted with a number of tasks that includes:
- Overseeing the implementation of media agreements and cooperative protocols with friendly countries, and preparing periodical reports on that score.
- Reflecting a positive image of Qatar in various fields to the outside world.
Establish relations with various media organs and personalities abroad and organize their visit to the State.
- Monitoring, classifying, filing and inquiring the information related to the State of Qatar whether published or broadcasted by various media sources.
- Representing Qatar at media forums in and outside the State of Qatar in coordination with the State's various organs and establishments.
- Overseeing setting up press centers and conferences in the country.
- Preparing press releases which include the most salient news about Qatar and have it published.
QNA is member in the Arab News Agencies Union (ANAU), in addition to the League of the News Agencies of the Non-Alignment Movement.
QNA is member of the World Association of Newspapers (WAN).
QNA is also accredited by ANAU to serve as a news dispatching centre between these agencies and the South-East Asian and Pacific News Agencies Union. The Qatari agency is member of the executive board of the Islamic News Agencies Union.
- General Management- General Manager office: tel/44450451---Fax/ 44427810
- Administrative Department: Tel/444 35 500---Fax/ 44327058
- Technical Affairs Department: Tel /44450319---Fax/ 44320372
- Central Editing: Tel/43 24 723---Fax/ 44439362
- News Collection and editing:Tel /4484 7777---Fax/ 4484 7836
- Administration of Media Relations: Tel /44450116---Fax/ 44131599 --P.O. Box: 3299